What Are The Programmes All About?
These programmes focus on creating strategic partnerships with key sales clients. This training goes beyond the basic sales competencies required to to win, grow and retain business by looking at how sales professionals create differentiation and are seen as value added by their clients.
Who Are The Programmes Designed For?
These courses are aimed Key Account Manager to Sales Director level.
What are the Course Objectives?
- Improved partnership selling strategies
- How to create warm barriers to exit that are value added
- To provide a framework for strategic account analysis
- To manage a profitable salespipe-line that is measurable and accurate
- How to influence Director and Board Level decision makers
- To ensure a Win-Win result at all times
What Is Our Approach?
These programmes will encourage the delegates take an in-depth look at themselves and make them very conscious of their own sales skills and the impact they create on others. It is this aspect that provides the mental stimulation and challenges the minds of the delegates.
The content of our strategic Account development programmes are very practical and are based on the delegates live sales situations.
Delegates are motivated and encouraged by the fact that they can immediately apply the skills which have been discussed in the programme, in their sales environment.
The sessions are very interactive with the course director working in a facilitation role….aiding and steering the learning.
What Elements Are Covered?
When a course is designed, it is likely that some or all of the following subjects form the core to the programme, with additional topics being added to ensure fulfilment of the training requirements.
Investigating the meaning of 'Strategic Account Management'
- Understanding what strategic selling is all about
How do we work in an ever changing marketplace to stay ahead?
- Understanding the perception of change our sales proposals can create?
Improving our methods of communication
- Overview of what constitutes effective communication
- More attentive listening skills (exercise)
Understanding those who can potentially influence the sale
- A strategic analysis of the roles people play in the buying organisation
Investigating individual buying motives that are non subjective from the sales person
- Practical exercises to determine how likely the sale is to progress and in what timescale
Creating partnership strategies that create genuine Win-Win
- Account analysis that focuses on both the seller and the buyer playing an equal role
Understanding other people better…character types (in depth analysis)
- Knowing how to customise our ‘pitch’ according to the person
- Recognising the need to modify our style and behaviour
- A practical tool that sales professionals can use to predict the likelihood of long-term relationships
Creating a compelling reason for senior buyers to want to edge with you
- Practical exercises that secure that all important meeting whit key decision makers
Managing the competitor landscape
- Looking beyond the traditional competitor and truly understanding how to create competitive differentiation for the buyer
Application of the learning to our own services
- Tailored exercise to the client's products/services(exercise)
How to create a strong and positive attitude with our clients
- Looking at the art of influencing others
Handling client objections
- Advanced techniques to prepare for and manage the underlying objections that are not always easy to tackle
Advanced questioning techniques
- Strategically preparing and sequencing questions that influence and provide a greater understanding of the client's true needs (exercise)
Individual brand and personal credibility
- Practical exercises that allow sales professionals to check and enhance credibility through the sales cycle
- Identifying the key principles of negotiation
- Searching for variables
- Recognising the impact of deadlines
The close and greater self-assurance
- Reviewing the delegates’ ability to 'close' or gain commitment to the next move
Sales funnel management
- Provides an ongoing tool for sales managers, sales leaders and sales organisation to manage pipeline opportunities
How Long Do The Programmes Last?
The duration of a course is typically three to six days and is determined by the client's specific training requirements. After any initial exploratory meetings, company familiarisation or skills audits, Inspire me can advise on the programme's duration.
What Do The Delegates Have To Do?
Prior to the programme delegates are asked to consider their personal objective(s) for attending the course. They also have some pre-course work to complete that focuses on the sales opportunities they are currently managing.
At the end of each training session, the delegates will be given various assignments, depending on the content of the programme, to complete in preparation for the next session. Before every session the delegates will be required to prepare a written report back on their experiences of implementing their namecard decisions and the results obtained
If this sounds like the type of programme that can make a difference with your team, please contact us about our strategic sales programmes.