Inspire me has senior leadership and motivation development programmes designed to encourage the participants to take an in-depth look at themselves, making them more conscious of their behaviours and the impact they create on others. It is this aspect which challenges the minds of the delegates and provides the mental stimulation to implement what they have learnt. We will investigate the subjects of leadership and management from a number of different angles and encourage delegates to evaluate themselves. Although clients regularly ask for leadership and management to be covered in one programme, courses can be designed to focus on them as separate subjects.
The management element of this programme focuses upon bringing order and consistency to the workplace through organising, planning and motivating colleagues within the current system. In addition, we go on to develop the delegates' leadership qualities typically centred upon motivating, inspiring and energising teams whilst keeping them moving in the right direction, despite obstacles of constant change. The sessions are highly interactive with the course director working in a facilitation role….aiding and steering the learning. The content of the management and leadership development programmes is practical and based on real issues which relate directly to the delegates. The delegates are motivated and encouraged by the fact that the skills, which have been discussed in the training environment, can be applied immediately into their daily working routines.
Who Are The Programmes Designed For?
These programmes are aimed at Senior Managers, Directors, Partners and Equity Partners who wish to explore their own style of leadership and/or are faced with an ever increasing need to manage change.
What Elements Are Covered?
How to work with ‘concrete’/specific goals and objectives:
- Identifying why they are important to the manager
Delegation, an act of empowerment:
- Identifying how to delegate with motivation
Methods for improved flexibility in problem solving:
- Mindstorming and Brainstorming effectively to improve creativity and innovative thought in our teams
Self-control when under pressure:
- Communicating to others in more difficult circumstances
Appraisals and providing on-going feedback:
- How to praise and provide feedback to colleagues in a motivating way (especially when there are subjective negatives to be covered)
Communicating decisions effectively:
- How to inform others of unpopular decisions, to secure long term motivation
Developing colleagues into experts:
- How to adapt our leadership style according to each colleague’s level of competence and commitment
- The importance of needing to influence upwards
Meeting Skills... Leading and controlling them:
- Making them productive and an investment of time not a waste of time
To initiate change we must sharpen our influencing skills with others:
- The art of persuading others
Turning around poor performance, attitude and behavioural issues:
- How to conduct a reprimand session, in a way that avoids a ‘conflict’ of opinion
Interviewing techniques... ‘selecting the right person:
- Highlighting key tasks, profiling, short listing and interviewing
The building and maintenance of effective teams:
- (see Team Building and Dynamics)
Investigating the individual... Different styles and behaviours:
- Understanding and relating to different characters
- How to develop a management style which will motivate each individual
Problem solving and decision making
- Identifying techniques which help the process and applying them to real situations
· Time management principles:
- Investigating personal working environments
- Task evaluation and prioritising
- Identifying the classic time stealers?
How Long Do The Programmes Last?
Typically between 4 to 8 days depending on the scope of your requirement.
What Do The Delegates Have To Do?
Prior to the programme delegates are asked to consider their personal objective(s) for attending the course.
In line with our 'staged methodology', at the end of each training day delegates are given assignments to prepare for the next session, including a report on the positive experiences and results from having put the learning into practice in their live environment.