What Are The Programmes All About?
These programmes focus on the key aspects of the field salesperson's role, from prospecting for new clients, influencing and persuasion skills to gaining a commitment from the client. The results are increased business and greater confidence in being able to win sales from the competition.
Who Are The Programmes Designed For?
These courses are aimed at anyone who needs to influence others in order to win new business.
What are the Course Objectives?
- Improved sales results
- Greater ability to influence prospective clients in a positive manner
- Personal improvement that is both concrete and measurable
- Stronger influencing skills and increased business from new and existing clients
- Increasing the delegate's effectiveness in dealing with client
- Increased profitability
What Is Our Approach?
These programmes will encourage the delegates take an in-depth look at themselves and make them very conscious of their own sales skills and the impact they create on others. It is this aspect that provides the mental stimulation and challenges the minds of the delegates.
The content of our fieldsales development programmes is very practical and is based on real sales situations.
Delegates are motivated and encouraged by the fact that they can immediately apply the skills which have been discussed in the programme, in their sales environment.
The sessions are very interactive with the course director working in a facilitation role….aiding and steering the learning.
What Elements Are Covered?
When a course is designed, it is likely that some or all of the following subjects form the core to the programme, with additional topics being added to ensure fulfilment of the training requirements.
Investigating the meaning of selling
- Understanding what selling is all about
How do we work with concrete objectives?
- How can they be used to help increase sales?
Improving our methods of communication
- Overview of what constitutes effective communication
- More attentive listening skills (exercise)
Quality prospecting methods
- Review of best practice...Quality vs. Quantity
How to make better use of the telephone
- Appointment making on the telephone (exercise)
Working through preparation on a business development call
- How well do we prepare and what should we prepare?
Understanding other people better…character types (in depth analysis)
- Knowing how to customise our ‘pitch’ according to the person
- Recognising the need to modify our style and behaviour
Making that important first contact:
- Being different from the rest' (exercise)
Improving our presentation skills to a group
- Looking at the influencing and persuasion elements of presentations and how to ‘create an edge’ over our competitors (exercise)
Making the sale / extracting the brief:
- Being more effective in front of clients/prospects
Application of the learning to our own services
- Tailored exercise to the client's products/services(exercise)
How to create a strong and positive attitude with our clients
- Looking at the art of influencing others
Handling client objections
- Communicating to clients under difficult circumstances and showing self-control when under pressure (exercise)
Understanding the reasons why people buy and linking them to our products/services
Improved questioning techniques
- In-depth examination of their ability to ask quality questions (exercise)
Influencing more effectively on a one-to-one basis
- How do we influence individuals? (exercise)
How to deal with complaints
- Knowing how to calm customers down and build loyalty (exercise)
The ‘sales presentation’ to the decision making group
- Looking at what other factors come in to play (exercise)
- Identifying the key principles of negotiation
- Searching for variables
- Recognising the impact of deadlines
The close and greater self-assurance
- Reviewing the delegates’ ability to 'close' or gain commitment to the next move
How Long Do The Programmes Last?
The duration of a course is typically four to seven days and is determined by the client's specific training requirements. After any initial exploratory meetings, company familiarisation or skills audits, Inspire me can advise on the programme's duration.
What Do The Delegates Have To Do?
Prior to the programme delegates are asked to consider their personal objective(s) for attending the course.
At the end of each training session, the delegates will be given various assignments, depending on the content of the programme, to complete in preparation for the next session. Before every session the delegates will be required to prepare a written report back on their experiences of implementing their namecard decisions and the results obtained
If this sounds like the type of programme that can make a difference with your team, please contact us about our senior leadership and motivation programmes.