What Are The Programmes All About?
The courses start with identifying what assertiveness is all about. The delegates learn how to improve their personal assertiveness which will make them more assertive, confident and effective in their dealings with colleagues and management.
Who Are The Programmes Designed For?
All staff who wish to build their confidence in standing up for themselves in a way that is not confrontational i.e. be more assertive with colleagues and managers.
What are the Course Objectives?
- To improve the overall efficiency through a greater awareness of how to be assertive, as opposed to aggressive or passive in the delegates’ communications and working activities.
- To bring greater confidence and success in dealings with colleagues, managers and clients.
- Increase self-awareness and self-control in difficult situations.
What Elements Are Covered?
When a course is designed it is likely that some or all of the following subjects form the core of the programme, with additional topics being added to ensure fulfilment of the training requirements.
Assertiveness - what it means to different people
Understanding our own behaviour:
- How assertive are we ourselves?
What are the barriers that stop us being more assertive?
Identification of what constitutes:
- Passive behaviour
- Aggressive behaviour
- Assertive behaviour
What are your rights to being assertive?
- Assertiveness through body language…what are the signs?
- Using assertive statements/language for greater influence
- Being assertive and controlling your own time
Being assertive in difficult situations:
- When under pressure from angry/complaining customers
- When under pressure from colleagues or peers
How to be assertive:
- The 5 steps to implementing success
Being assertive with your manager
- Controlling your manager
Drawing up an action plan for success:
- Identifying the situations when you are going to be assertive and who can help you in the process
How Long Do The Programmes Last?
These courses are typically one day in length.
What Do The Delegates Have To Do?
Prior to the course we ask the delegates to consider their personal objective in attending the course.
If this sounds like the type of programme that can make a difference with your team, please contact us about our senior leadership and motivation programmes.